Classic Banana Bread
Classic Banana Bread is always a crowd-pleaser and a great way to use your ripe bananas to make a great breakfast or snack option.
Servings: 16 servings
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 stick margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 large or 3 small ripe bananas
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Cream margarine with a mixer, adding sugar gradually.
Add eggs one at a time, followed by the bananas.
Add flour mixture to wet mixture.
Bake in a well greased loaf pan for 45 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- This old fashioned banana bread recipe calls for margarine. Use butter instead, if desired.
- Our recipe is a banana bread recipe without nuts. If desired, add chopped nuts to the batter.
- For a deep banana flavor, use extra ripe bananas, the darker black the peels, the better.
- This is a dairy free banana bread recipe.
- Use three small ripe bananas, or two large ripe bananas.
- During baking, if the top of the bread is getting too dark, loosely put a piece of foil over top to prevent further browning.
- Grease the loaf pan generously. We typically use nonstick cooking spray.
- What to do with leftover banana bread? Try out Banana Bread Biscotti.