Crock Pot Turkey Breast
This Crock Pot Turkey Breast is a quick way to take a frozen boneless turkey breast and turn it into a tender, juicy main dish in just a few simple steps.
Servings: 8 people
- 6 lb. boneless turkey breast frozen
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 4 garlic cloves
Remove gravy packet from the turkey breast; discard or save for later.
Rub the turkey breast with vegetable oil; season liberally with salt and pepper.
Place the breast in the crock pot.
Peel the onion and quarter, and place around the breast.
Peel the garlic and scatter around the breast.
Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Check internal temperature. Poultry should be cooked to 165 degrees F.
Discard the onions and garlic before eating.
Optional step: broil the turkey breast, skin side up, for a few minutes or until the skin gets golden brown.
- Mom's crock pot turkey breast recipe calls for a 6 to 6 and a 1/2 pound boneless turkey breast.
- Cooking a 3 lb boneless turkey breast in crock pot can also be done with this recipe. Barbara used a 3 and a half pound breast and it turned out perfect. So perfect, that her 3-year-old kept stealing pieces from the cutting board as Barbara sliced it.
- If you are cooking a 6 lb turkey breast, the cooking time will be 6 to 8 hours. For a smaller 3 lb turkey breast, cooking time will be between 3 to 4 hours. Be sure to always use a meat thermometer to check that the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- This is also a keto turkey breast crock pot recipe. You can modify the amounts of onions and garlic to keep it in keto range. Low carb turkey breast for the win! You could also pair this keto turkey breast recipe for the crock pot with Mashed Cauliflower. Double low carb for the win.
- Can we just say---4 ingredients! This simple turkey breast recipe in the slow cooker only has 4 ingredients. Boneless turkey breast, oil, onion and garlic. How easy is that?
- Be sure to season the boneless turkey breast with plenty of salt and black pepper.
- If you'd rather start from a thawed turkey breast, use this recipe instead.
Calories: 360kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 74g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 184mg | Sodium: 702mg | Potassium: 849mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 68IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 2mg