Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies
These ultimate chocolate chip cookies are full of chocolate chips and nuts.
- 2 1/4 cups flour (level out the 2 cups, but heap the 1/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon salt heaping
- 1 teaspoon baking soda heaping
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 sticks Imperial margarine cold (not softened)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 11.5 oz. bag chocolate chips
Gently mix flour, salt and baking soda.
In a separate bowl, combine both sugars and vanilla; add eggs and incorporate by hand. Do not over mix!
With a fork, shave the cold margarine into the flour mixture. Once again, do not over mix. There should be butter shavings visible throughout the cookie dough.
Add the dry margarine mixture into the wet mixture. Use a pastry blender to incorporate the margarine until large chunks of margarine remain. Do not over mix!
Add pecans and chocolate chips. Do not over mix!
Gently, scoop golf ball sized balls of dough onto cookie sheet six to a sheet pan. Do not over pat or touch the dough too much.
Bake in a preheated 375 degree F oven for 13 or 15 minutes.
Remove from sheet pan immediately and cool on a wire rack.
- These are a bakery-style chocolate chip cookie. They are larger, thicker and have a nice soft texture.
- The key to this entire recipe is to not use a mixer and do not over-mix in any step of the recipe.
- Use a fork, knife, your hands or a pastry blender to shave the COLD margarine into the dry ingredients.
- When everything is added, there should be pea-sized bits of margarine all throughout the dough.
- Roll the pecan chocolate chip cookie dough into golf-ball sized dough balls.
- Remove the cookies from the pan IMMEDIATLY after they come out of the oven onto a cooling rack.
- We also love this crispy, mini chocolate chip cookie recipe.
Calories: 285kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 318mg | Potassium: 78mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 481IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg