Summer Asparagus Salad - Asparagus Salad with Vinaigrette
Summer Asparagus Salad is the perfect side salad featuring fresh asparagus, corn and a homemade vinaigrette. Asparagus Salad with Vinaigrette is a quick recipe that everybody loves.
- 4 cups asparagus washed and trimmed
- 1 cup corn drained
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Wash asparagus, discarding woody ends. Break into bite size pieces.
Blanch asparagus by boiling in salted water for 1 to 2 minutes. Immediately transfer asparagus into ice water to stop the cooking process.
Once asparagus is cold to touch, drain and pat dry.
In a bowl, mix together sugar, olive oil, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper (to taste).
Add asparagus and corn, and mix until the vegetables are coated.
Serve immediately or chill in refrigerator until ready to eat.
- In all honesty, corn could be completely omitted from this recipe. Keep it simple with just asparagus, if desired.
- Fresh sweet corn works best in this summer asparagus salad.
- If you have corn on the cob, boil the shucked corn for a couple minutes, remove from the pan, run cold water over top, and then take a sharp knife to remove the kernels from the cob.
- Frozen sweet corn can be used. Thaw and drain.
- If using canned corn, drain well.
- Pat the blanched asparagus down with paper towels to allow the vinaigrette to coat it well.
- Substitute white wine vinegar for red wine vinegar if desired.
- Serve this simple asparagus salad warm or refrigerate for later and serve cold.
- Love asparagus? Try this old fashioned creamed asparagus recipe.