Flank Steak Salad
By adding taco seasoning to both the marinade and the dressing, this Flank Steak Salad is a family-pleasing meal with simple additions like Doritos.
Servings: 4 people
- Flank Steak
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- Romaine Lettuce shredded
- Cherry Tomatoes halved
- Red pepper chopped
- Colby Jack or Cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup Ranch Dressing
- Doritos crumbled (optional)
Mix 1 Tablespoon taco seasoning, vegetable oil and lemon or lime juice; cover flank steak and marinate for 1 hour minimum.
Grill steak to your liking; I recommend to a medium doneness.
Let steak rest for 5 minutes before slicing into thin slices against the grain.
Meanwhile, make dressing by mixing ranch dressing with 4 teaspoons taco seasoning.
Assemble salad by mixing romaine, tomatoes, peppers and cheese; top with steak slices and drizzle with dressing.
- We use romaine in this salad. It's nice and crisp, and also kid friendly. Iceberg lettuce is a great substitute.
- We put red peppers in the kid version too because her kids like them. That is the beauty of this salad, modify it to each person's liking. Avocados or corn would be great additions as well.
- If you love taco salads try our Dorito Taco Salad with Homemade Dressing and our Easy Taco Salad recipes.