Spicy Roasted Zucchini - A Recipe for Baked Zucchini Slices
Spicy Roasted Zucchini is a recipe for baked zucchini slices with the perfect amount of spice. Serve along any dish for the perfect side. The gentle spice of this Spicy Roasted Zucchini makes it a perfect side dish for any meal, especially when you need a dish using easy ingredients.
- 1 medium-size zucchini washed and cut into 1/8 inch rounds
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Cut zucchini into 1/4 inch slices.
In a bowl, drizzle zucchini with olive oil, toss to coat evenly.
Arrange zucchini in a single layer on a shallow baking sheet.
In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, flour and salt; sprinkle zucchini with half of seasoning.
Roast for 25 minutes, turning once or twice.
Sprinkle the remaining seasoning on top, and cook for an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until crisp and golden brown.
- Cut the zucchini about 1/4 inch thick for this recipe. If you cut it thinner, it might get too crispy. Just reduce the cooking time accordingly in that case.
- Swap out yellow squash for the zucchini or use a combination if desired for this easy baked zucchini recipe.
- The great thing about this recipe is that you can easily scale it up for a bigger crowd - just grab a larger baking sheet, an extra zucchini and a few more spices!
- If you're using up an extra large zucchini, but it in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds to discard.
- So head out to the garden, stop by your local farmers market OR grab a couple zucchinis at the grocery store and make this for a side tonight!
- This zucchini side dish is great hot or served at room temperature.
- We are crazy for zucchini. Try Cheesy Zucchini Casserole, Zucchini Quiche, Zucchini Pie, Pan Fried Zucchini and Classic Zucchini bread to name a few.