3 Ingredient Steak Marinade
We have the easiest 3 ingredient steak marinade for you, and we are betting you already have the ingredients on hand---ground black pepper, bottled Italian dressing, and Dijon mustard. Your steak with be tender and flavorful every single time.
Servings: 2 Steaks
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup bottled Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup Dijon Mustard
Whisk pepper, Italian salad dressing and Dijon mustard together until incorporated.
Pour over thawed steak of your choice. Marinate between 2 and 24 hours. Be sure to refrigerate while marinating.
Grill to your liking, and enjoy!
- How long should I marinate my steaks? This depends on what type of steak you are grilling. It it's a steak with a higher fat content like tenderloin, you really only need to marinate for 15 to 30 minutes. If it's a tougher cut, marinate for 2 hours or up to overnight.
- What is my favorite type of steak? We personally love ribeyes (or Delmonico depending on how they are butchered), and T-bones.
- If you don't have Dijon mustard on hand, use regular yellow mustard or stone ground mustard.
- For an easy 1 ingredient steak marinade, try using regular bottled Italian dressing on it's own. We do this often.
- Be sure your grill is extra hot to get the best char and grilled flavor. We recommend between 450 and 500 degrees F.
- Another tip is to let your steak sit out on the counter for a bit to bring it up to room temperature. This will ensure even cooking.
- To keep your steak juicy, let it rest up to 10 minutes before serving. Tent it with aluminum foil to keep it hot. This allows the juices to stay in the meat instead of running all over the plate.
- Try our Pork Steak Marinade!