Black Bean Caviar Salsa
This Black Bean Caviar Salsa is easy to make and perfect as a party dip with tortilla chips. If you want to get fancy, serve it over baked or grilled fish.
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 16 oz. can black beans drained and rinsed
- 11 oz. can Shoepeg corn drained
- 1/2 cup bottled Italian dressing
- 3 Tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1 medium tomato seeded and chopped
- 1/2 green or red pepper chopped
Mix together garlic, beans, corn, Italian dressing, cilantro, Tabasco and chili powder.
Let marinate in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 hours.
Just before serving, add onion, tomato and pepper. Mix.
Serve with tortilla chips or as a condiment over baked or grilled fish.
Notes About Black Bean Caviar Recipe:
- Black Bean Caviar is also known as Cowboy Caviar or Mexican Caviar.
- Barbara used canned Shoepeg corn, but feel free to use your own freezer corn if you have it.
- This Cowboy Caviar recipe is easily customized to suit your family's tastes. If you (or your picky kids) don't like onions, leave them out. Prefer red peppers over green peppers? Then use red ones instead. Don't be afraid to substitute!
- However, do NOT skip the marinating step. This recipe tends to get tastier over time as the dip marinates in the dressing. It is worth the wait, we promise!
- If you are one of those folks who have that gene that makes cilantro taste like soap (this is really a thing!), then leave it out. This Black Bean Caviar Salsa is just as yummy without it.
- Try serving over fish like Baked Tilapia, or with your favorite variety of tortilla chips.
- Add this to your spread of appetizers for game day or cook outs. Try it as a condiment along side of Crock Pot Taco Soup, Easy Taco Salad or Instant Pot Taco Meat.