Mama Grigg's Pumpkin Bran Muffins
Mama Griggs's Pumpkin Bran Muffins with chocolate chips are full of flavor and are perfect for breakfast, afternoon snack or dessert.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup all bran cereal
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Mix sugar, eggs, pumpkin, oil and all bran cereal together in a large bowl and let sit for 5 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix until combined.
Fill greased muffin tins 2/3 full with batter.
Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- All Bran is a type of cereal found in the cereal aisle at the supermarket. All Bran is high in fiber.
- Be sure to let the All Bran sit in the wet ingredients for 5 minutes. This allows the bran cereal to soften. Skipping this step will result in crunchy muffins.
- Use canned pumpkin, not canned pumpkin pie filling.
- If you don't have any all-bran cereal in the house, try this version of Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins.
- These All Bran Pumpkin muffins are a great option for the Foods project in 4-H.