Tace Dip with Meat and Beans
There's only 5 simple ingredients between you and this warm, cheesy Taco Dip with Meat and Beans. Ground Beef, Re-fried beans, Ortego Taco Sauce, Sour Cream and Shredded Cheese. This simple appetizer is soon to be your go-to for game day, holidays, family gatherings or Taco Tuesday.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 lb ground beef
- 8 ounces canned re-fried beans
- 8 ounces Bottled Ortega Taco Sauce
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheese, Cheddar or Mexican blend
Brown ground beef in a skillet; drain excess grease if needed.
Mix in beans and taco sauce; stir until combined.
Pour into a greased 2 quart or 8x8 inch baking dish.
Spread sour cream over meat mixture, sprinkle with shredded cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 30 minutes.
- If you don't want to have a half of a can of beans or a half a container of sour cream sitting around, then go ahead and double the entire recipe, and cook in a 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Worried about calories? Try low fat or fat free sour cream and fat free re-fried beans. Ground turkey can be substituted for the ground beef too.
- Like a spicier taco ground beef dip? Use Medium Ortega Taco Sauce instead of mild.
- Short on time? Make this entire dip the night before, cover and refrigerate. Heat right before serving. It may take a few extra minutes in the oven if you are cooking from cold.
- This hot layered Mexican dip with ground beef is the perfect pitch-in recipe. Bake at home, and put covered in an insulated carrier. It will stay hot for a long time.
- I am crazy for taco dips. A couple of my other favorites are Cheesy Taco Dip and Crock Pot Sausage Queso.
Calories: 283kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 511mg | Potassium: 288mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 478IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 161mg | Iron: 2mg