Old Fashioned Cauliflower Casserole - A Cauliflower Casserole with Sour Cream Recipe
Cauliflower Casserole has sour cream, fresh cauliflower, butter and butter crackers such as Ritz. Put these ingredients together for a delightful old fashioned cauliflower casserole to serve along side almost any meal.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 sticks butter (divided for recipe)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 sleeve crushed butter crackers (approximately 1 cup)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Remove leaves and bottom, tough stem of cauliflower, leaving the rest of the head whole. Cover with water in a deep saucepan, and boil, covered, until knife tender but not mushy.
Cut cauliflower into florets.
Meanwhile, melt 1 stick butter and sour cream in a small saucepan; stir until smooth.
In a small skillet, melt 1 stick butter, add crushed butter crackers and brown lightly.
Add cauliflower to prepared baking dish; sprinkle buttered cracker crumbles over top. Pour sour cream sauce slowly over top.
Bake for approximately 30 to 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
The the casserole sit on the counter for 5 to 10 minutes to set up before serving, if desired.
- Substitute margarine for butter, if desired. The butter is divided into two steps, one stick for the sauce, and one stick for the cracker crumbs.
- Light sour cream can be used for regular, full-fat sour cream, if desired.
- To make this super easy, start with a bag of frozen, cauliflower florets that have been thawed.
- Bread crumbs, crushed cornflakes or any other casserole topping could be substituted for crushed crackers.
- I prefer to use Ritz or generic Ritz for the cracker crumbs, but you can use whatever crackers you have on hand, if you would like.
- Love cauliflower? Try this amazing summer salad - Ranch Cauliflower Salad.
- The nutritional information below is auto-calculated and can vary depending on the products used.
Calories: 335kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 95mg | Sodium: 222mg | Potassium: 294mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1064IU | Vitamin C: 35mg | Calcium: 81mg | Iron: 0.4mg