Yellow Cake Mix Gooey Bars
Looking for an easy dessert that will impress your family and friends? These decadent Yellow Cake Mix Gooey Bars are knock your socks off good and quick to put together with just six ingredients.
- 16.5 oz. yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2 eggs
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 2 eggs
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
Mix cake mix, melted butter and 2 eggs together and press into a greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
Beat cream cheese, 2 eggs and powdered sugar until well incorporated.
Spread onto cake mixture.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes or until golden brown. Do not over-bake.
Cut into individual bars to serve.
- These cream cheese bars have two layers. The recipe calls to make the first layer, spread into the pan, and then make the second layer. We use the same bowl for both layers. No need to do extra dishes.
- Be sure the cream cheese is at room temperature to prevent clumps.
- Do not over bake these cake mix cream cheese bars. Baking too long will make the less-gooey.
- Substitute a white cake mix for yellow, if needed.
- Need some more ideas for those uninspiring boxed cake mixes in your pantry? We have plenty of ideas for you: Easy Cake Mix Caramel Bars, Cake Mix Cinnamon Rolls, Cherry Almond Dump Cake, Triple Chocolate Cake
Calories: 260kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 57mg | Sodium: 260mg | Potassium: 39mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 342IU | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 1mg