Crock Pot Mock Fried Chicken
Do you love fried chicken but hate making it? Try our Crock Pot Mock Fried Chicken for all of the taste but none of the mess!
- 1 Tablespoon softened butter per piece of chicken
- Garlic Salt
- Black Pepper
- Bone-in Skin-on Chicken Breast or Thighs
Season thawed chicken - on both sides - heavily with garlic salt and black pepper.
Rub softened butter over the surface of each piece of chicken, top and bottom.
Put into crock pot insert, and cook on high for 2 to 4 hours or until the internal temperature is 160 degrees F.
Remove from crock pot, and place onto a broil pan.
Broil chicken in oven for approximately 5 minutes or until skin is golden brown and crispy. Be sure to watch chicken closely so the skin doesn't burn.
- Who knew you could make a crispy crock pot chicken recipe? In all honesty, the crock pot makes the chicken moist, and a broiling step makes the skin crispy.
- Be sure to use skin-on, thawed chicken. I prefer thighs but breasts would work too.
- Substitute garlic powder and salt for garlic salt.
- Margarine can be substituted for butter in this slow cooker fried chicken recipe.
- Use an digital thermometer like this one to make sure this crispy crock pot chicken reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
- Use a oven safe broiler pan for the broiling step.
- Do not walk away from the chicken while broiling; it can easily go from beautiful golden brown to burnt black!
- Serve this along side Old Fashioned Pea Salad.