Chicken Crescent Bake with Canned Chicken
This Chicken Crescent Bake recipe features just five ingredients - many of which are probably already in your pantry or refrigerator. We use canned chicken for this recipe but feel free to substitute leftover rotisserie chicken or shredded chicken.
- 12.5 oz. canned chicken
- 10.5 oz. cream of chicken soup
- 1 package refrigerator crescent rolls 8 small or 6 large
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or Colby jack cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Drain canned chicken; break up chunks with a fork. Add shredded cheese to chicken and mix well.
Unfold crescents and fill each with 2T-3T chicken mixture; roll up.
Place in a greased 8x8 inch pan.
Heat cream of chicken soup and milk until hot; stir until smooth.
Pour soup mixture on top of crescents.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly,
- There's nothing like a delicious meal that can be thrown together with those regular items that you stash in your cabinet and refrigerator.
- I always have canned chicken (mainly because I'm obsessed with my chicken salad recipe), shredded cheese, crescent rolls, and cream of chicken soup.
- Canned crescent rolls are so versatile. Of course, you can make them according to the package, but they can do so much more! Turn them into Quick Cinnamon Rolls.
- Substitute you other favorite shredded cheese for cheddar, if desired.
- Canned biscuits are a suitable substitute for canned crescent rolls. Flatten out the biscuit before filling.
- It's ok if the filling spills out of these chicken crescent squares.
- Any other cream soup could be substituted for cream of chicken, if needed.
- Try adding some fun fillings such as cooked broccoli or spinach.
Calories: 374kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 1054mg | Potassium: 160mg | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 416IU | Calcium: 174mg | Iron: 2mg