Crock Pot Beef Brisket
This Crock Pot Beef Brisket, which takes minutes to prep, will make you look like a superstar this season when you serve it as part of your holiday menu.
Servings: 8 people
- 3-4 lb. beef brisket
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
- 1 Tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dry ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 2 whole bay leaves
Mix chili powder, paprika, garlic salt, ground mustard, garlic powder, black pepper and sugar together.
Rub spice mixture onto all sides of brisket. Let sit in refrigerator overnight to marinate.
Pour Worcestershire sauce and beef broth into Crock Pot insert; add beef and bay leaves. Be careful not to pour broth over top the beef as to not remove the delicious rub which forms a crust layer on top.
Cook on low heat for 8 to 10 hours. It is done when you can easily shred the meat with two forks.
- Want to cook it in the oven?
Rub the spice mix on the brisket and place in roasting pan. (Do NOT add the liquid.) Cook uncovered at 350 degrees F for 1 hour. Lower oven temperature to 300 degrees F. Add the liquids to the roasting pan and cover pan tightly with foil. Cook for an additional 3 hours or until fork-tender.
- Making a dry rub for a beef brisket does not have to be exact science. Therefore, if you don't have all the spices in your pantry, then swap out others instead. This slow cooker beef brisket dry rub is a good starting point.
- Cut down the cooking time for this easy crock pot beef brisket by cooking on high instead of low. It should take approximately 4 hours. Use your nose as your guide. The brisket is close to being down when it starts to smell delicious in your kitchen.
- Many people ask if you should sear the brisket before cooking. That step is completely optional. Caramelizing the meat adds flavor. We find that the recipe is just as tasty without adding in a searing step.
- Garlic salt is a pantry staple that goes great on meat.
- Rather fix your brisket in the oven? Try this recipe.
Calories: 283kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 105mg | Sodium: 1212mg | Potassium: 647mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 727IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 4mg