Old Fashioned Asparagus Casserole - An Asparagus Casserole With Fresh Asparagus
Old Fashioned Asparagus Casserole is a creamy asparagus casserole with fresh asparagus and cream of mushroom soup. With only five ingredients, this easy casserole is the perfect summer side dish.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 10.75 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 sleeve crushed butter crackers (Ritz)
- 1/4 cup melted butter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 2 quart (or 8 x 8 inch) baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Wash asparagus. Break into bite sized pieces.
Boil in salted water for 4 minutes; drain well.
Combine cooked and drained asparagus with cream of mushroom soup. Pour into prepared baking dish.
Sprinkle shredded cheese over top.
Top with crushed crackers.
Pour butter over top the entire casserole.
Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until bubbly and hot.
- This is a fresh asparagus casserole; however, canned asparagus could be used. Be sure to drain well and then proceed with the rest of the recipe steps.
- Do not overcook the asparagus when boiling unless you like a really mushy asparagus casserole. I prefer my asparagus to have a little bite to it. If you do not, go ahead and boil it longer.
- Try substituting in a different flavor of cream soup for a new spin on this asparagus casserole with cream of mushroom soup recipe.
- Substitute margarine for butter, if needed.
- Any type of shredded cheese and any type of crushed crackers will work in this easy asparagus casserole recipe
- Serve along side Grilled Pork Steak and Cucumbers and Onions for the perfect summer meal!