Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Need an easy cookie that everyone will love? These Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are rich and perfect with a tall glass of milk or hot cup of coffee.
Prep Time15 minutes mins
Cook Time12 minutes mins
Total Time27 minutes mins
Keyword: chocolate cookies with powdered sugar, chocolate crinkle cookies, easy chocolate cookies
Servings: 36 cookies
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- powdered sugar
Melt unsweetened chocolate with vegetable oil in a 2-quart saucepan.
Sift together flour, salt and baking powder and set aside.
Remove from heat and add each of the remaining ingredients, EXCEPT the powdered sugar. mixing by hand after each addition.
Chill dough in the saucepan in the refrigerator for at least an hour or until dough sets.
Roll into 1-inch balls. Then roll balls in powdered sugar.
Bake on a cookie sheet for 8-12 minutes in a 350-degree F oven.
- These cookies can be mixed together in just a 2-quart saucepan. If you don't want to dirty another bowl with the dry ingredients, sift them directly into the saucepan with the wet ingredients!
- The dough for these will be almost batter-like before you chill it. Once it sets in the refrigerator, it's more of a truffle-like consistency.
- If the dough sticks to your hand when rolling, put it back into the refrigerator for a bit. We stash ours in the refrigerator in between batches.
- The original recipe card says bake between 8-12 minutes. We baked ours for just over 10 minutes. You want the cracks to be dry but you don't want the edges to be hard.
- Be careful, these cookies can stick to your cookie sheet when you pull them out of the oven. Mom takes them out and after about a minute, she loosens them and lets them set another minute or two before moving to a cooling rack. We used parchment paper on our cookie sheet and they came right off.