Tuscan Sausage and White Bean Soup
Tuscan Sausage and White Bean Soup is a hearty, flavorful dish perfect for dinner any night of the week.
Servings: 4 people
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 12 oz. can evaporated milk
- 1 14.5 oz. can chicken broth
- 1/2 lb. ground pork sausage cooked and drained
- 1 15.5 oz. can undrained cannellini beans
- Salt and Pepper
In a skillet, cook sausage. Drain and set aside.
Melt butter in medium saucepan.
Add onion and garlic; cook for 1 to 2 minutes while stirring occasionally or until onion is tender.
Stir in flour.
Slowly add the evaporated milk and chicken broth while stirring constantly.
Once the mixture comes to a complete boil, add sausage and beans.
Heat through, and season with salt and pepper.
- The ingredients are easy to keep on hand: butter, onion, garlic, flour, evaporated milk, chicken broth, sausage, cannellini beans and salt and pepper.
- We use regular ground pork sausage in this soup. You could use a flavored sausage, like Italian, or even use a turkey sausage if you prefer.
- The white beans in this Tuscan Sausage and White Bean Soup are actually Cannellini beans. Be sure to just dump them in undrained.
- We have had so many readers share how they've tweaked this sausage and white bean soup to add flavors their families love. From spinach to crushed red pepper, adding ingredients to soup is easy and let's you create a dish that is personal to you.
- Once the soup is heated through, all that is left is to ladle it out into your favorite soup bowls, add crackers and dig in! Simple as can be.
Other Soup Recipes
Soups are a favorite in our family and we have shared several on here. Check out our favorites: