Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce
This Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce is rich and hearty with plenty of ground beef and sausage.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 lb. pork sausage
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 46.5 ounces tomato sauce 3 15.5 oz cans
- 12 ounces tomato paste
- 6 ounces water optional, if you like really thick sauce, you can omit
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 Tablespoons sweet basil
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon pepper
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Brown hamburger and pork sausage. Add onions and garlic. Cook until onions are tender.
Add all ingredients to the crock pot.
Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
Remove bay leaves before serving.
- This is a hearty sauce with lots of meat including ground beef and pork sausage. If you want a thinner sauce, add additional water to the recipe.
- Serving a large crowd? This spaghetti sauce from scratch recipe makes a huge portion, making it great for parties and get-togethers.
- Try freezing half of a batch for later if you don't need it all at once.
- Fresh garlic is best but refrigerated minced garlic works in a pinch too.
- Don't forget to remove the bay leaves before serving.
- Want to make this on the stove top? Follow instructions above, but use a large saucepan. You may need 2 tomato sauce cans of water, depending on how thick you like your sauce. Bring sauce to a slow boil, then turn down to a simmer. Simmer until ready to serve.
- Love spaghetti? Try this delicious Spaghetti Pie.
Calories: 381kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 2494mg | Potassium: 1324mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 1574IU | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 209mg | Iron: 5mg