No Crust Rhubarb Pie - Crustless Rhubarb Pie Recipe
No Crust Rhubarb Pie is everything you love about old fashioned rhubarb pie with the without the crust. Instead, a n easy sweet dough is spread over top. Try this yummy Crustless Rhubarb Pie recipe!
- 4 cups rhubarb, washed and diced
- 1 3/4 cups sugar (divided)
- 2 Tablespoons margarine, melted (or butter)
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9-inch pie plate.
Spoon rhubarb into prepared pie plate. Sprinkle with sugar.
Mix melted margarine, flour and 1 cup sugar. Add eggs, vanilla and lemon extract to make a sticky dough.
Spread over rhubarb in dish.
Sprinkle top with fresh lemon juice.
Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
Let cool a bit before serving to let it set up. Serve alone, with ice cream or top with half and half.
- The sugar in the recipe is divided into to parts. 3/4 cup for the rhubarb bottom and 1 cup for the topping.
- Lemon extract and lemon juice are optional but highly recommended.
- The dough topping is a stiff, sticky dough.
- Instead of a pie plate, a 9-inch round pan of 2 quart baking dish could be used.
- Let the old fashioned rhubarb pie cool before serving to prevent it from falling apart.
- Serve as is, or with ice cream or half and half.
- Love rhubarb? Try Rhubarb Shortbread Bars.