Instant Pot Pork Ribs (Mom's Recipe)
Instant Pot Pork Ribs are tender and full of flavor and are ready in no time. When your family has a hankering for ribs but you don't have hours to get dinner on the table, this is the recipe for you.
- 2-4 lbs. pork ribs not frozen (use the quantity that your family needs)
- 1 cup onions sliced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
Put the pork ribs in the insert of an electric pressure cooker or Instant Pot. If needed, cut the pork ribs into 2-3 rib pieces. Top with onion.
Mix together the remaining ingredients, and pour over ribs in insert. Move ribs around so that each is topped in tangy BBQ sauce.
Close and seal. Cook in the electric pressure cooker or Instant Pot on manual at high pressure for 15 minutes.
Release pressure using the quick pressure release valve.
Optional step to get a sticky BBQ pork rib: remove ribs to a sheet pan and broil for a few minutes until browned and sticky. Watch closely to prevent the ribs from burning.
Eat alone as a main course meat or serve over rice, mashed potatoes or noodles with the sauce in the pan as a gravy.
- Be sure to thaw the pork ribs before adding to the electric pressure cooker.
- Every Instant Pot (electric pressure cooker) is different so be sure to read the instruction manual!
- Use your favorite brand of ketchup and mustard. We usually use what is on sale.
- Cook on the manual setting using high pressure.
- Release the pressure valve manually as soon as the pork ribs are done cooking.
- Optional step: we like our a sticky BBQ pork rib. To achieve this, broil the pork ribs for a few minutes after they come out of the instant pot.
- The barbecue sauce that these ribs baste in make a great sauce to serve over rice or potatoes.
- Try our Instant Pot Sweet and Sour Pork Spareribs too!