Crock Pot Green Beans
These Crock Pot Green Beans with bacon and onions are easy to make for a crowd. A work pitch-in, family reunion or holiday dinner is not complete without this iconic side dish.
- 6 slices bacon chunked
- 87 oz. canned green beans, undrained six 14.5 oz. (or 15.5 oz.) cans
- 1 onion peeled and quartered
- 2 Tablespoons Chicken Bouillon
- 4 cloves garlic peeled
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
Cook bacon in skillet on stove top until partially cooked.
Add bacon, bacon grease, undrained green beans, chicken bouillon, garlic, and onions into the slow cooker insert.
Cook on high for 4 to 6 hours.
Season with salt and black pepper to taste before serving.
- Do not drain the canned green beans; the juices are used to warm the beans.
- After frying up the bacon, keep the grease to add with the bacon. Bacon grease adds great flavor.
- 2 tablespoons of chicken bouillon is the equivalent of 6 chicken bouillon cubes.
- Taste before serving. If needed, add additional salt and pepper.
- Looking for a smaller recipe for green beans? Try these delicious Sweet and Sour Green Beans.
Calories: 37kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 12mg | Potassium: 226mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 709IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 1mg