Low Carb Chicken Salad (no mayo) - A Lemon Chicken Salad with Canned Chicken Recipe
Sometimes eating healthier really is easy, like with this Low Carb Chicken Salad (no mayo). This Lemon Chicken Salad with Canned Chicken Recipe only takes 5 minute to prepare, and is perfect served on your favorite type of lettuce. By using canned chicken, you can whip this dish up in no time.
- 12.5 ounces can chicken breast chunks
- 1 Tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Lemon Zest (optional)
Drain chicken breast chunks, lightly flake the chunks; add Parmesan cheese and mix.
Mix together lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper until emulsified.
Pour over chicken and cheese mixture, and stir together. Add lemon zest, if desired.
Eat immediately or refrigerate until later.
Tastes great served in lettuce cups.
- Canned chicken typically comes in 12.5 ounce cans. This means that one can of chicken breast equals approximately two chicken breasts.
- Be sure to drain and then lightly flake the canned chicken before adding the Parmesan cheese and other ingredients.
- For added flavor, zest the lemon before juicing, and add the lemon zest right into the Lemon Chicken Salad.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper together until the juice and oil are well mixed to form a dressing.
- Barbara often doubles this 5-Minute Low Carb Lemon Chicken Salad at the beginning of the week, and then take it for her lunch.
- This Lemon Chicken Salad is the perfect amount to serve two people, and it is also easy to double or triple to feed a bigger crowd.
- If you are looking for a more traditional chicken salad, try our 3-Ingredient Chicken Salad (also made with canned chicken) or our Fancy Chicken Salad. You may also want to try our 10 Minute Lemon Chicken Pasta with Canned Chicken.