10-Minute Easy Lemon Chicken Pasta
This 10-Minute Easy Lemon Chicken Pasta is the perfect weeknight meal. By using canned chicken, leftover grilled or rotisserie chicken, this meal an be on the table in just minutes.
- 8 oz. spaghetti regular or whole wheat
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 12.5 oz. can chunk chicken, drained or 1 -2 cups diced, rotisserie chicken
- 1 Tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese
Cook spaghetti in boiling, salted water as directed on the package.
While the pasta is cooking, heat butter in a skillet over medium-low heat. Add grated lemon, whipping cream and drained chicken. Warm slowly, and gently break up chicken into large chunks.
Once spaghetti is cooked, use tongs to add to the skillet (this keeps a little pasta water on the spaghetti which helps the sauce). Add fresh lemon juice and cheese.
Toss to mix. If pasta seems a little dry, add a couple tablespoons of pasta water.
Top with additional lemon peel and cheese if desired.
Try adding a cup of cooked peas for a whole new spin.
- This version can be modified in several ways to suit your family. Barbara uses canned chicken, a new favorite staple at her house. If you have leftover grilled chicken (try ours) or rotisserie chicken, you can definitely use in this dish. The pre-cooked or pre-grilled chicken in the refrigerated section of the grocery store will work in this too.
- You can also use any variety of spaghetti. We like whole wheat spaghetti. (Here's a secret...don't have any spaghetti in your pantry? Use whatever pasta you have on hand!)
- Also, we used shredded Parmesan cheese because that is what was in Barbara's refrigerator, but grated Parmesan would work fine too.
- The only ingredients that should NOT be substituted is the lemon peel and fresh lemon juice. The bottled lemon juice just doesn't pack the flavor needed for this dish.
- Add frozen peas, frozen broccoli, fresh spinach or top with diced tomatoes for a fun new spin.
- We've got tons of canned chicken recipes. Find them all canne!
Calories: 386kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 76mg | Sodium: 427mg | Potassium: 152mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 414IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 1mg