Glazed Oatmeal Cherry Bars
This Glazed Oatmeal Cherry Bars recipe is easy to make for a perfect dessert choice. Using cherry pie filling, these dessert bars feature a buttery brown sugar and oatmeal crust and topping.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups butter melted
- 21 oz. can cherry pie filling
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a 10 x 15-inch jelly roll pan by spraying with nonstick cooking spray. For easier cutting, line with parchment paper.
Mix flour, oats, brown sugar and baking soda together in a large bowl; stir in melted butter until completely moistened.
Reserve 2 cups of oat mixture for the topping. Gently spread the remaining mixture in an even layer into the jelly roll pan.
Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from oven.
Spread pie filling over crust, and sprinkle with reserved topping.
Bake for an additional 20-25 minutes or until topping is lightly browned.
Prepare glaze by mixing sugar, vanilla and milk until smooth.
Let bars cool for 10 minutes.
Drizzle glaze over bars.
Cut bars when completely cooled.
- Cherry Pie Filling is a pantry staple.
- Line the jelly roll pan with parchment paper that hangs over the side. After baking, pull out the paper, and the cherry pie bars are easy to cut.
- These cherry bars use quick oats, not to be confused with old fashioned rolled oats.
- We love how these make a huge pan, making them perfect for pitch-ins.
- Love cherries? Try Grandma's Cherry Fluff, Cherry Dump Cake, and Easy Cherry Crisp.
Calories: 562kcal | Carbohydrates: 82g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 244mg | Potassium: 186mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 37g | Vitamin A: 811IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 2mg