Classic Spinach Salad with Bacon, Eggs and Homemade Dressing
This Classic Spinach Salad consists of only three simple ingredients - fresh spinach, bacon and hard boiled eggs. The combination of these ingredients is not only gorgeous but a match made in heaven. This salad pairs perfectly with a simple homemade vinaigrette dressing of red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, olive oil, salt and pepper. This is a salad that will have your whole family going back for seconds.
- 2 pounds spinach cleaned and dried
- 3 hard boiled eggs peeled and quartered
- 1/4 pound bacon fried until crisp
- 3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Pile spinach into a bowl. Top with hard-boiled egg wedges and cooked, chopped bacon.
In a small mason jar, add red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper and olive oil. Shake well until completely mixed together and smooth.
Just before serving, drizzle desired amount of dressing lightly over salad. Serve remaining dressing on the side.
- You can modify this recipe for one person or for as many as you need to feed. Just decrease or increase the amounts of spinach, hard boiled eggs and bacon.
- The vinaigrette can be doubled or tripled. If you have more than you need, store the remaining sealed up tight in the refrigerator. You will need to give it a good shake before using the second time. The olive oil may even solidify in the refrigerator. Let it sit out at room temperature to loosen it up.
- Not a big fan of spinach, feel free to substitute a different lettuce such as romaine instead.
- You could easily add more salad toppings if desired. Tomatoes or croutons would be yummy.
- Try our French Dinner Salad with Low Fat Dressing Recipe.
Calories: 608kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 60g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 167mg | Sodium: 312mg | Potassium: 1313mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 21462IU | Vitamin C: 64mg | Calcium: 243mg | Iron: 7mg