Mom's Perfect Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
Mom's Perfect Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread is quick to put together and is a perfect way to use the zucchinis that just seem to appear in the garden overnight. Like zucchini bread without chocolate chips, just leave them out.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon flour
Add eggs, oil, sugar, grated zucchini to a large mixing bowl and blend until mixed well.
Add vanilla and combine.
In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and baking powder.
Add flour mixture slowly to wet ingredients, blending after each addition until just incorporated.
Coat chocolate chips with the 1 T. flour.
Stir chocolate chips into batter by hand.
Pour into 2 loaf pans that have been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
If desired, sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
Bake at 325 degrees F for one hour until toothpick comes clean when inserted in the middle of the loaf.
- Some classic zucchini bread recipes ask you to drain the zucchini or remove excess moisture. You do not need to do this for our version. Just grate and add.
- The easiest way to grate a zucchini is with a food processor and a grater plate; however, you can absolutely use an old fashioned hand grater if that's all you have.
- This is a 2 loaf zucchini bread recipe.
- Do not over-mix once the flour has been added. You don't want a tough bread.
- The chocolate chips are truly optional. Leave them out it you want a regular zucchini bread recipe.
- Coat the chocolate chips with flour to ensure they don't fall to the bottom of the classic zucchini bread.
- To ensure the loaves come out of the pan easy, be sure to spray generously with nonstick cooking spray or go old fashioned and grease and flour.
- Our chocolate chip zucchini bread also freezes great. Wrap it in plastic wrap and then a layer of foil. We have pulled loaves that are over a year old from the freezer, and they still taste great!
- Want a version of zucchini bread that features applesauce and honey instead of sugar? Try our Moist Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread.
- Looking for additional ways to use up all that zucchini? Try our Zucchini Pie, Cheesy Zucchini Casserole, Zucchini Quiche, Spicy Roasted Zucchini, Butterscotch Zucchini Cake, and Chocolate Glazed Zucchini Bread.
Calories: 254kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 187mg | Potassium: 62mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 60IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1mg