Red Bean Salad
Do you need a quick side dish for a summer cookout? Try this Red Bean Salad that can be pulled together quickly with just a few simple ingredients.
- 15 oz. can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 hard boiled eggs chopped
- 1/8 cup pickle relish
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- This kidney bean salad is only 4 ingredients plus salt and pepper! We love recipes with only a few ingredients. Some of our favorites are Cheeseburger Turnovers, Cheesy Broccoli Casserole, Chicken Salad, and French Onion Joes.
- The main ingredient in easy red bean salad is kidney beans. You could use light red kidney beans, dark red kidney beans, or small red beans. Just be sure to drain and rinse to get off all the canning liquids.
- Mayonnaise is the binding ingredient in this salad. We've made it with regular mayonnaise and also with Miracle Whip, and both ways are delicious. Use your favorite!
- Hard-boiled eggs is another ingredient in kidney bean salad. We recommend chopping up into smaller chunks. The best way to do this is to toss the peeled, hard-boiled eggs into a chopper or food processor and pulse. To make things easy, add the eggs, mayonnaise, relish, salt and pepper all into the processor and give it a good buzz to make the dressing.
- Pickle relish is the last ingredient in kidney bean salad. We recommend using sweet pickle relish; however, you could use dill pickle relish for a whole new recipe.
- Feel free to make this kidney bean salad ahead of time. Be sure to refrigerator until ready to eat. The flavors will just get better and better.
- Serve this easy red bean salad along side Grilled Pork Shoulder Steak or the Easiest Grilled Chicken Ever!
Calories: 165kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 95mg | Sodium: 491mg | Potassium: 308mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 143IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 2mg