This Salmon Casserole uses macaroni pasta and canned salmon and is quick and easy to put together for a weeknight dinner.
Servings: 10 servings
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 14.75 ounces canned salmon, drained and bones and skin removed
- 10.5 ounces cream of celery soup
- 5 ounces canned evaporated milk
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 Tablespoons butter melted
- 1 cup of your favorite crackers crushed
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Cook macaroni per box instructions; drain.
Spray a 13 x 9-inch baking dish or (2) 2-quart baking dishes with nonstick cooking spray.
Mix together cooked macaroni, salmon, soup, milk and cheese. Break up salmon into chunks as you stir.
Pour into baking dish(es). Mix together melted butter and crackers; sprinkle on top of casserole.
Bake for 45 minutes or until lightly brown and warmed through.
- Drain the excess liquid, bones, and skin off the canned salmon before adding it to the casserole.
- Salmon bones are edible and are a great source of calcium. With that being said, add them to the casserole, if desired.
- If evaporated milk is not accessible, regular milk could be used.
- Use you favorite variety of crackers for the topping; our favorites are butter crackers.
- Crushed potato chips or corn flakes are suitable substitutions for crushed crackers if desired.
- Make one large 13 x 9 inch casserole, or split into 2 casseroles by using a 1 1/2 or 2 quart-sized pans instead.
- Looking for canned salmon recipes? Try our Low-Carb Salmon Patties.
Calories: 297kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 60mg | Sodium: 473mg | Potassium: 293mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 328IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 262mg | Iron: 1mg