Pecan Bars with Toffee - Caramel Pecan Bars with Yellow Cake Mix
Pecan Bars with Toffee are a shortcut Caramel Pecan Bars with Yellow Cake Mix. Imagine a slightly gooey center filled with pecans and English Toffee Bits. These delights will satisfy your sweet tooth without requiring much effort.
Servings: 36 bars
- 16.5 ounces boxed yellow cake mix, dry
- 1/3 cup margarine, softened
- 2 eggs (divided)
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Heath English Toffee Bits (heaping)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Cream together cake mix, softened margarine and 1 egg.
Press into bottom of prepared dish.
In a separate bowl, whisk together sweetened condensed milk, 1 egg and vanilla extract.
Stir in toffee bits and chopped pecans.
Pour over bottom layer.
Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 35 minutes or until lightly brown. Do not overbake. Center will continue to set up during cooling.
Cool before cutting into bars.
- Butter cake mix or white cake mix could be substituted for yellow cake mix.
- Be sure to use sweetened condensed milk not to be confused with evaporated milk.
- English Toffee Bits are found in the baking aisle with the chocolate chips or here on Amazon.
- Do not over bake, you want the center to be a bit gooey. They will continue to set up as they cool.
- These caramel pecan dream bars actually get better after a couple of days as the bottom layer softens up.
- Love pecans? Try these Crock Pot Glazed Pecans.