Baked Pork Steak Dinner - How to Cook Pork Steak in the Oven
Baked Pork Steak dinner is a simple yet delicious oven baked pork steak recipe with carrots, potatoes, cream of chicken soup and tomato soup. Follow these easy instructions for how to cook pork steak in the oven.
Servings: 6 people
- 2 - 4 pork steak, thinly sliced
- salt and black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 - 5 potatoes, washed, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 - 4 carrots, washed, peeled and thinly sliced
- 10.5 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 10.5 ounces condensed tomato soup
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Season both sides of pork steak with salt and pepper.
Heat oil in large skillet over medium, brown both sides of pork steak.
Arrange pork steaks in prepared baking dish.
Layer sliced potatoes and carrots over top pork.
In a small bowl, mix cream of chicken soup and tomato soup.
Spread sauce over vegetables.
Cover tightly with foil. Bake for 40 minutes or until vegetables are fork tender.
Remove foil; broil for 3 - 5 minutes or until sauce reduces and thickens.
- Use more pork steaks for bigger family or less for a small family. Use the same concept for carrots and potatoes.
- Pork chops could be swapped in for pork steak.
- The browning step could be omitted, if desired.
- Use all potatoes or all carrots instead of a combination, if desired.
- Substitute cream of mushroom or cream of celery for cream of chicken, if needed.
- Check the doneness of the vegetables by sticking with a fork or knife.
- Don't walk away from the oven during the broiling step. The sugar in the tomato soup could burn if you leave it too long.
- Let the oven baked pork steak casserole sit for 5 - 10 minutes before eating.
- Try this easy marinade for Grilled Pork Steaks.