10 Minute Microwave Peanut Brittle - A Microwave Peanut Brittle with Karo Syrup Recipe
10 Minute Microwave Peanut Brittle is the best because it's quick, easy, crunchy and delicious. This Peanut Brittle recipe has Karo syrup and baking soda. Add this to your Christmas treats for an old fashioned tradition.
Servings: 16 pieces
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup white corn syrup (Karo)
- 1 cup peanuts, roasted and salted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
In a microwave-safe bowl, mix sugar and corn syrup. (A 1 1/2 quart casserole or large Pyrex bowl works great).
Microwave on high for 4 minutes.
Remove from microwave, and stir in peanuts.
Microwave for 3 minutes. Check after 2 minute mark to make sure it isn't burning. If so, omit the 3rd minute and continue.
Stir in butter and vanilla extract until butter is melted.
Return to microwave for 1 additional minute.
Stir in baking soda until light and foamy.
Pour onto a sheet pan or pizza pan that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
Let cool. Once cool and hardened, break into small pieces.
- Use roasted, salted peanuts. If you prefer small bits of peanuts, chop them up before adding to the brittle.
- The key to this recipe is to work quickly because the microwave peanut brittle hardens.
- Be sure to have a towel or pot holder handy for moving the bowl around. It is hot hot hot, and you don't want to get burnt.
- Boiling sugar is super hot as well. Resist the urge to touch the peanut brittle with your hands until it has hardened and cooled. Keep little hands away too.
- Spray all surfaces with nonstick cooking spray to help with clean up. This includes the microwave-safe bowl, spatula, liquid measuring cup (for Karo), and the sheet pan.
- Love peanuts? Try these candied peanuts!