Crock Pot Chicken and Brown Gravy - A Recipe for Crockpot Chicken and Gravy Over Mashed Potatoes
Crock Pot Chicken and Brown Gravy is a simple slow cooker dinner with only three ingredients. The combination of condensed French Onion Soup and Golden Mushroom Soup make a tasty chicken and brown gravy served over mashed potatoes.
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 - 4 chicken breasts (or thighs)
- 10.5 ounces French Onion Soup, condensed
- 10.5 ounces Golden Mushroom Soup
Add chicken to crock pot insert.
In a small bowl, mix condensed French Onion soup and Golden Mushroom soup.
Pour over chicken.
Cover and cook on low for 6 - 7 hours or until cooked through.
Remove chicken, shred, and return to brown gravy in the crock pot.
Serve over mashed potatoes, rice or noodles.
- This slow cooker chicken and gravy can use chicken breasts or thighs. I prefer boneless, skinless chicken to make life easier.
- Use 2 - 4 pieces of chicken depending on how much your family eats.
- If you can't find Golden Mushroom Soup, use cream of mushroom soup instead.
- Be sure to use the condensed type of French Onion Soup.
- To speed this recipe up, cook the chicken on high for 2 - 4 hours.
- Serve over mashed potatoes, noodles or rice. I love using the pre-made refrigerated type of mashed potatoes.
- Love this recipe? Try our Slow Cooker Pork Roast and Gravy recipe too.