Creamy Lazy Lasagna - An Instant Pot Lazy Lasagna with Cream Cheese
Creamy Lazy Lasagna uses a shortcut method and a shortcut ingredient for a family favorite ground beef dinner. Instant Pot Lazy Lasagna with Cream Cheese gets four stars from kids and adults.
Servings: 8 people
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion
- 7.5 ounces Garlic and Herb Cream Cheese
- 24 ounces spaghetti sauce (your favorite jar of sauce)
- 4 cups Mafalda pasta (mini lasagna noodles) (1 pound)
- 3 cups water
- Grated Parmesan (optional)
- Shredded Mozzarella (optional)
Using the Sauté function on your instant pot, brown ground beef and onion. Drain excess grease, and scrape off any bits off the bottom of the pan to prevent a burn error.
Return drained beef and onions to the instant pot insert. Stir in cream cheese and spaghetti sauce until creamy.
Put the uncooked pasta on top of the sauce. Do not stir.
Add just enough water to submerge the noodles, around 3 cups. Do not stir!
Cover and seal the instant pot. Cook on high pressure for 4 minutes. Release pressure following Quick Pressure Release method.
Stir to combine. Optional: add as much Grated Parmesan and/or Shredded Mozzarella cheeses. Stir and serve!
- Instead of using sauté mode, feel free to brown ground beef and onions on the stove first before adding to the insert.
- Be sure to scrape off the bits from the bottom of the instant pot insert after browning. Failing to do this could result in a burn error later on.
- Can't find Garlic and Herb Cream Cheese? Use regular cream cheese and add some dried Italian herbs too. Or, substitute in a can of cream of mushroom for that creaminess.
- Mini lasagna noodles are also called Mafalda noodles. Find them on Amazon.
- Do not stir the uncooked pasta into the beef/sauce mixture. Just pour it over top.
- Add just enough water over the pasta to cover and submerge.
- Use the quick release method for releasing pressure in the Instant Pot. If you use the natural method, your pasta will be over-cooked.
- If you love Cheesy Lazy Lasagna, add Grated Parmesan and/or shredded Mozzarella Cheese before serving. As as much or little as your cheese-loving heart desires.
- Try our Instant Pot Ground Beef Goulash too!