Old Fashioned Peach Cobbler - A Peach Cobbler with Fresh Peaches
Old Fashioned Peach Cobbler is a peach cobbler with fresh peaches recipe that follows an easy basic cobbler recipe. Add this one to your recipe box, because you'll be sure to use it for years to come.
Servings: 12 servings
- 2 - 3 cups fresh peaches
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup sugar (for peaches)
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar for batter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cups milk
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Mix peeled, sliced peaches with sugar, set aside. If the peaches are tart add 1/3 cup sugar. If they are sweet, add 1/4 cup sugar.
Place stick of butter in 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Melt butter in preheated oven. Set aside.
Combine flour, 1 cup sugar, salt and baking powder; add milk to make a batter.
Pour batter directly into melted butter.
Add peaches to the center of the batter; avoid having peaches touch the edges.
Bake for 45 minutes or until set and golden brown in center.
- Use white or red peaches for this easy peach cobbler recipe.
- Canned peaches could be used, but omit the added sugar.
- Taste the peaches before adding sugar. If they are tart, you may need to add more.
- Try to keep the sweetened peaches away from the sides of the pan; instead pour or drop them near the center of the pan. The edges will burn if the peaches and the sugar are touching the edge.
- Love recipes using fresh peaches? Try our Magic Peach Batter Cake.