Pineapple Cream Cheese Dip - A Crunchy Cheese Dip
Pineapple Cream Cheese Dip is a crunchy cheese dip filled with pecans, water chestnuts and pineapple, the perfect topping for your favorite crackers.
Servings: 32 servings
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces pineapple tidbits, drained with 1 Tablespoon juice reserved
- 8 ounces water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 Tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground back pepper
- fresh chopped parsley (optional)
Cream softened cream cheese until smooth.
Add pineapple, water chestnuts, chives, seasoned salt, pepper and reserved vegetable juice and mix until combined.
Cover and chill before serving. Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired (optional).
Serve with crackers or pretzels.
- Be sure to soften the cream cheese before making this dip. Failing to do this step will result in lumps in your water chestnut dip.
- Keep 1 tablespoon of pineapple juice drained off of the tidbits to add to the cream cheese dip.
- I had a hard time finding an 8 ounce can of pineapple tidbits, so I bought a bigger can and only used as much as I needed. Give it the best guess on how much 8 ounces is, and then eat the rest of it as a snack with cottage cheese.
- Don't throw away the rest of the pineapple juice drained from the tidbits. Instead, make an Amaretto Pina Colada.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.