Edible Peanut Butter Play Dough
Edible Peanut Butter Play Dough is a simple homemade play dough recipe that can be eaten! Using creamy peanut butter, dry milk (powdered milk) and honey, kids love this recipe is fun to make and play with.
- 36 ounces creamy peanut butter
- 2 1/2 cups dry milk
- 3 ounces honey
- 1/2 - 1 cup flour, optional
In a bowl, mix peanut butter, dry milk and honey.
Knead until smooth and elastic. If desired, add (cooked) flour starting with a 1/2 cup until your desired texture is reached.
Cut, smash, roll and play to your heart's desire.
- This is an edible playdough recipe. It actually tastes great. Once it's been played with, I don't recommend eating it, but if your kid sneaks a bite when you aren't looking, it's not going to hurt them.
- If you like a drier texture, add a little bit of flour to the peanut butter play dough. Start with a half cup and add more if needed.
- If you use flour, cook it at 350 degrees F for 5 minutes to kill bacteria, like E.coli, that may be present in raw, uncooked flour.
- My dog actually loves this edible playdough too. He was cleaning up the crumbs from the kitchen floor after the kids got done playing with the playdough.
- Simple play dough accessories are fun to keep on hand. Try these from Amazon (affiliate link). Or, use whatever you have already in your kitchen such as a butter knife, rolling pin and potato masher.