Baked Beans with Ground Beef
Baked Beans with Ground Beef is a Southern Baked Bean Casserole using pork and beans, kidney beans and hamburger in an classic baked bean sauce.
Servings: 12 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 ounce envelope dry onion soup mix
- 32 ounces pork and beans, do not drain
- 15.5 ounces kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup ketchup (catsup)
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 Tablespoons mustard
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 2 1/2 quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Brown ground beef; add the dry onion soup mix during the browning process. Drain excess grease if needed.
To the ground beef, add all remaining ingredients and stir.
Pour into prepared dish.
Bake for 30 - 45 minutes or until bubbly and hot.
- If your ground beef is really lean, add in 2 tablespoons of butter to fry up the hamburger.
- Do not drain the pork and beans; keep that sauce!
- Drain the kidney beans.
- Sub in plain white vinegar for apple cider vinegar, if needed.
- No yellow mustard at home? Use whatever type of mustard you do have. It will be just fine!
- Try switching out kidney beans for any other type of bean that you love. Some good options would be Great Northern Beans, Lima Beans, or Cannellini Beans.
- Looking for a crock pot baked bean recipe with ground beef? Try our Crock Pot Calico Bean recipe.