Potato Casserole with Rice Krispies
Potato Casserole with Rice Krispies is a cheesy hash brown casserole with a crispy, crunchy topping.
Servings: 16 servings
- 30 ounces frozen hash browns
- 10.5 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup water
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon dried minced onion (see notes for fresh onion)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 - 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large bowl, mix frozen hash browns, cream of chicken soup, water, sour cream, onion, salt, pepper and shredded cheese.
Pour into prepared dish.
Melt butter; mix with Rice Krispies.
Spread over top hash brown casserole.
Bake (uncovered) for 1 hour or until hot and bubbly all the way to the center of the potato bake.
- This delicious dish is often called funeral potatoes.
- Use frozen hash browns, not thawed.
- For less fat, use fat free or low fat sour cream.
- Fresh onion or dried minced onion can be used. Add to your preference. I typically use 1 tablespoon dried, minced onion or 1/2 - 1 cup diced onion.
- I typically use shredded cheddar cheese but you can sub in your favorite type of shredded cheese to change things up.
- Use anywhere from 1 to 2 cups shredded cheese, depending on how cheesy you like your crispy cheesy potato bake.
- Love cheesy potatoes? Try this version topped with bacon.