Honey Soy Chicken Wings
Honey Soy Chicken Wings are an easy slow cooker chicken wing recipe. Break out the crock pot and whip up a tasty honey soy sauce for these sticky chicken wings.
Servings: 8 people
- 4 pounds chicken wings (and/ or drumettes), fresh or thawed with juices drained
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons onion, finely minced
Whisk together honey, soy sauce, ketchup, vegetable oil and minced onion.
Add chicken wings to the crock pot insert; pour sauce over top.
Cover and cook on low for 3 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
Optional:Line chicken wings on a sheet pan that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Brush with honey soy sauce from the crock pot.
Broil until lightly crispy; watch carefully to prevent burning.
- I prefer to use fresh chicken wings or thawed chicken wings that have been previously frozen.
- Be sure to drain off excess liquid from the thawing process before adding to the crock pot insert.
- The broiling step at the end is optional, but highly recommended. Broiling will crisp up the skin of these soy chicken wings.
- How do you know if your chicken wings are cooked through? Use a digital thermometer to check the internal temperature. Once it reaches 165 degrees F, the chicken wings are safe to consume.
- Use 1 teaspoon of dried minced onion instead of the fresh onion, if desired.
- I recommend using low sodium soy sauce.
- To warm up leftover chicken wings, place in an air fryer at 400 degrees F for several minutes.
- Love chicken? Try our easy baked chicken legs.