Hamburger Pork and Bean Skillet
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 16 ounces pork and beans, do not drain
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup water
Brown ground been in a large skillet; season with salt and pepper. Drain excess grease if needed.
Add pork and beans, brown sugar, ketchup and water.
Simmer for 20 minutes or until thickened.
Serve over or along side buttered bread or cornbread.
- This is an easy skillet dinner, also known as a one pan plan. This means less dishes to clean afterwards.
- Be sure to always season your ground beef when browning for any recipe. I always generously season with salt and black pepper.
- If your ground beef is greasy, drain off the excess after cooking.
- Do not drain the liquid from the pork and beans.
- Ground turkey or pork sausage could be substituted for ground beef, if desired.
- This hamburger pork and beans goes great with buttered bread---either served right on top or on the side.
- I also like to serve this with cornbread, and Maryann's Sweet Cornbread is my favorite.
Calories: 332kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 59mg | Sodium: 730mg | Potassium: 569mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 205IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 3mg