Lemon Carrots are my favorite stove top carrot recipe. With a few simple ingredients and a saucepan, you will a simple, fast side dish to pair with almost any dinner option.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time25 mins
Course: Side Dish
Keyword: cooked carrots, cooked carrots with lemon juice, lemon carrots, lemon glazed carrots, stove top cooked carrots
Servings: 4 people
- 3 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
Thinly slice carrots. Place carrots, water, sugar and salt in a saucepan.
Cover and cook over medium high heat for 10 minutes.
Remove lid and continue to cook until fork tender and the water has evaporated.
Add butter, lemon juice and lemon zest. Stir until butter has melted.
- To make this a quick recipe, cut the carrots thin.
- Be sure to use a real lemon. You'll need both the juice and the zest for a true lemon flavor.
- Cover the carrots for the first 10 minutes of cooking, then remove the lid and allow to cook until the water has evaporated.
- This serves 4 people. It easily doubles or triples for a larger family.
- Looking for an oven-roasted carrot recipe? Try these whole roasted carrots.