Oreo Ice Cream Cake
Oreo Ice Cream Cake is a perfectly easy 3 Ingredient Cookies and Cream Recipe. This ice cream cake features chunks of your favorite Oreo cookie to create a cookies and cream inspired dessert.
Servings: 16 servings
- 1 1/2 gallons vanilla ice cream, softened
- 16 ounces Cool Whip
- 14 ounces Oreo Cookies or Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, crushed or crumbled
Using a large stand mixer (or by hand), mix together softened vanilla ice cream, Cool Whip and Oreo Cookies.
Pour into a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
Place in freezer (flat and level) until the ice cream re-freezes, approximately 2-3 hours.
Cut into slices and serve.
- Be sure to let the vanilla ice cream soften a bit before mixing together the cookies and cream ice cream. You don't want it completely soupy, just softened enough it will mix with the mixer.
- To easily break the Oreo Cookies into chunks, add the cookies to the bowl of the stand mixer, and turn on to low. Or, go old school by adding the cookies to a zip-lock bag, and whacking them with a rolling pin or mallet.
- For larger, visible chunks of cookies in this Oreo Ice Cream cake, don't break up the cookies as much.
- I prefer to use regular Oreo Cookies. Double Stuffed would work but the ratio of cookies won't be as visible in the Oreo Ice Cream Cake.
- Be sure to give the cookies and cream ice cream cake enough time to re-freeze in the freezer. I recommend 2-3 hours.
- If you want to fancy up this Oreo Ice Cream cake, drizzle the top with chocolate syrup, sprinkle crushed Oreo cookies over top and add a little whipped cream.