Candied Peanuts are guaranteed to become your new favorite snack item. These old fashioned sugared nuts are sweet and crunchy.
Servings: 32 servings
- 1 pound unsalted peanuts 16 ounces
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper or spray generously with nonstick cooking spray.
Combine sugar and vanilla; add salt and stir. Set aside.
Beat egg white until light and frothy.
Add peanuts to egg white and stir until all peanuts are coated.
Add sugar mixture and stir well.
Spread onto prepared sheet pan into a single layer.
Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
Let cool before eating.
- What makes these candy coated peanuts extra special? The sugar is enhanced with vanilla extract for an abundance of flavor.
- Pure vanilla extract gives a much better flavor than imitation vanilla.
- Use a large sheet pan or a pan with sides to prevent the sugared peanuts from falling off during the baking process.
- Line your sheet pan with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- Stir the peanuts two times during cooking, preferably every 15 minutes to prevent the nuts from sticking together and to the pan.
- The candied nuts are super hot when they are taken from the oven. Let cool before snacking.
- These old fashioned sugared peanuts make the perfect gift. Place in an airtight bag or container, add a bow and deliver to your friends and family.
Calories: 108kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 75mg | Potassium: 95mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 1mg