Frozen Meatball Vegetable Soup
Frozen Meatball Vegetable Soup uses two shortcut ingredients, frozen meatballs and frozen vegetables, to make a hearty and delicious weeknight dinner. Your traditional vegetable soup has been reimagined.
Servings: 10 servings
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 15 ounces canned, diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1 1/2 pounds frozen beef meatballs
- 32 ounces broth (beef, vegetable or chicken)
- 12 ounces frozen, mixed vegetables
In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add diced onions and celery, and sauté until soft, approximately 5 minutes.
Add minced garlic and dried herbs, and continue to sauté for 30 seconds.
Add remaining ingredients (undrained, diced tomatoes, frozen vegetable blend, frozen meatballs, and broth).
Cook over medium heat until vegetables and meatballs are cooked, approximately 30 minutes.
- This meatball soup uses frozen, cooked meatballs. There's many varieties available. Use beef meatballs or the homestyle variety.
- Do not drain the diced tomatoes. If you like a more tomato-based vegetable soup, add a second can of diced tomatoes.
- Use your favorite type of frozen, mixed vegetables. I typically use a blend of corn, green beans and peas in this vegetable soup with meatballs.
- The dried herbs can be modified to your liking or based on what's already in the cabinet. I used rosemary, thyme and oregano but parsley and basil would be good alternatives.
- I love using vegetable broth in this meatball soup but beef or chicken broth would be delicious too.
- Love using frozen vegetables in soup. Try our famous Ground Beef Vegetable Soup with V8.
Calories: 244kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 49mg | Sodium: 486mg | Potassium: 391mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2026IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 2mg