Deep Dish Taco Pie
Deep Dish Taco Pie is stuffed full of ground beef, refried beans, cheese and crushed tortilla chips, all nestled in a pie crust. Serve this easy taco pie at your next Taco Tuesday dinner.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 deep dish pie crust, frozen
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 ounce packet taco seasoning
- 16 ounces refried beans
- 1/3 cup taco sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- Your Favorite Taco Toppings (lettuce, tomatoes, olives, sour cream)
Thaw frozen pie crust for 10 minutes. Prick bottom and sides of crust with a fork. Pre-bake at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and reduce heat to 350 degrees F.
Brown ground beef and onions; drain excess grease if needed. Add taco packet and 3/4 cup water, simmer until thickened.
Mix refried beans and taco sauce.
Spread half the refried beans in the pre-baked pie crust. Top with half the ground beef, 1 cup cheese and all the crushed tortilla chips.
Repeat with the remaining beans, ground beef and cheese.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the pie is hot in the center.
Top with your favorite taco toppings such as lettuce, tomatoes, taco sauce and olives.
- Be sure to get a deep dish pie shell; if you've got the regular size, you'll have to make two pies and put half the ingredients in each.
- This deep dish taco pie uses a frozen pie crust. Use a homemade pie crust if you desire. Be sure to pre-cook the frozen pie crust according to the instructions in the recipe.
- To make a lower fat version of taco pie with pie crust and refried beans, use ground turkey, low fat sour cream and fat-free refried beans.
- Use crushed tortilla chips, nachos or Fritos.
- Substitute Colby Jack or Monterrey Jack cheese for cheddar, if desired.
- For a spicy taco pie, use hot taco sauce instead of mild.
- Love tacos? Try our favorite Cheesy Taco Dip and Velveeta Dip with Black Beans.
Calories: 685kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 43g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 93mg | Sodium: 1417mg | Potassium: 384mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 954IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 360mg | Iron: 4mg