Lazy Daisy Salad
Lazy Daisy Salad is a 1950s Ambrosia Fruit Salad using vanilla pudding and cool whip to jazz up canned mandarins, crushed pineapple and fruit cocktail. The sweet concoction is topped off with coconut and chopped pecans for added pizzazz.
Servings: 10 servings
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple, do not drain
- 15 ounces canned fruit cocktail, drained
- 15 ounces canned mandarin oranges, drained
- 3.4 ounces instant vanilla pudding mix
- 8 ounces Whipped Topping (Cool Whip)
- 1/2 cup flaked, sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cups chopped pecans
Drain the fruit cocktail and mandarin oranges.
Combine pineapple (undrained), fruit cocktail, mandarin oranges, vanilla pudding, and whipped topping until everything is mixed well. Stir gently.
Pour into serving bowl; top with coconut and chopped pecans.
Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving, if possible.
- Be sure to drain the fruit cocktail and mandarin oranges; failing to do this will result in a runny ambrosia salad.
- Instant Vanilla Pudding should be used instead of the Cook Variety.
- Substitute in coconut pudding or orange flavored pudding for vanilla pudding, if desired.
- To lighten things up, use fat free whipped topping and sugar free pudding mix.
- Canned Peaches, pears or cherries would be a nice addition or substitution for the fruit cocktail or mandarin oranges.
- This fruit salad with pudding tastes better if you allow it to sit in the refrigerator for a couple hours before serving.
- Try our Classic Ambrosia Salad too (with sour cream).
Calories: 202kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 95mg | Potassium: 228mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 714IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 1mg