Ham and Beans with Randall Beans
Ham and Beans with Randall Beans is a comfort food at its best. Using canned beans and leftover ham results in a quick dinner; no one will know that it took a matter of minutes to make.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 small onion
- 1 - 2 cups diced ham
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 48 ounces Randall Beans (Great Northern, Pintos or Mixed), do not drain
In a saucepan or skillet, melt butter.
Add onions and sauté until softened. Add diced ham and cook until warmed.
Add undrained beans. Simmer until heated through.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Use White Northern Beans or Pinto Beans, your preference.
- This Randall Beans and Ham recipe calls for 1 - 2 cups leftover diced ham. Use as little or as much as you desire.
- This is a great basic ham and bean soup recipe. Add whatever seasonings and add ins you like.
- Do not drain the beans. The bean juice is needed to make a soupy consistency. If you prefer a lower sodium option, drain the beans and add low sodium chicken broth instead.
- We also have a Creamy Ham and Bean Soup. Try it out!
Calories: 294kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 615mg | Potassium: 610mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 177IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 94mg | Iron: 3mg