Red Hot Fluff
Red Hot Fluff is a vintage "salad" featuring cinnamon along with those classic ingredients of crushed pineapple, Cool Whip and mini marshmallows. Cinnamon Imperials (also known as Red Hots) melt into crushed pineapple to form a sweet, cinnamon base before adding the fluffy marshmallows and whipped topping.
Servings: 12 servings
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple, drained well
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup Red Hots candy
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 8 ounces whipped topping (Cool Whip)
Combine drained pineapple and Red Hot candies in a bowl; cover, and refrigerate overnight.
The next day, stir in mini marshmallows and whipped topping.
Chill until ready to serve.
- If you are big on cinnamon or big on the "hot" part of red hots, add up to 1/2 cup of the cinnamon candies. For milder tastes, only use 1/4 cup.
- Drain off all the juice from the crushed pineapple; a sieve works wonders for this step.
- Be sure the red hot candies are completely melted into the crushed pineapple. If you find candies still in the bowl, give it a good stir and return it to the refrigerator for a few more hours.
- If you can't find Red Hot candies, use Cinnamon Imperials instead.
- You could eat this right away but it gets better if you chill it for a couple hours first to let the flavors meld together.
- Love Oreos? Try our Oreo Fluff recipe.
Calories: 123kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 21mg | Potassium: 79mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 57IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1mg