Church Windows Candy
Church Windows Candy is a fun, festive no bake recipe that kids love to make and eat! Colored mini marshmallows are coated in a chocolate mixture and rolled up. When ready to serve, slice them up to look like cathedral window cookies.
Servings: 48 servings
- 10 ounces colored mini-marshmallows
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup shredded coconut
Lay out a long piece of waxed paper approximately 18 inches long on the table. Sprinkle with shredded coconut.
In a saucepan, slowly melt butter, chocolate chips and butterscotch chips. Whisk until smooth and lump-free.
Pour mini marshmallows in a large bowl; pour melted chocolate mixture over marshmallows, and gently stir until coated.
Pour the chocolate-coated marshmallows onto the waxed paper; shape into a long log.
Roll up tight and twist the ends of the waxed paper.
Refrigerate until firm.
Once firm, slice and serve.
- Use multi-colored marshmallows to mimic the colors of a stained glass window
- Multi-colored marshmallows can be found in most larger chain grocery stores. Or find them at Amazon.
- Substitute margarine for butter, if needed.
- Melt the butter, semi-sweet chips and butterscotch chips on low in a saucepan; stirring often to prevent burning. Or melt in 30 second intervals in the microwave, stirring between each interval.
- Use more shredded coconut to coat the outside of the cathedral window cookies, if needed or desired.
- Coconut could be omitted, if desired. Spread the chocolate-marshmallow mixture onto the waxed paper, roll up tight and refrigerate.
- Love no bake candy recipes? Try our Peanut Butter Cornflake Cookies.
Calories: 80kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 41mg | Potassium: 27mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 64IU | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 1mg